Glynmill Inn, the Newfoundland Pulp and Paper Company’s executive guesthouse, was designed to be a hotel with a lounge, or lobby, a dining room and the guest rooms. On June 30, 1924, Sir Glyn West, Chairman of Armstrong-Whitworth Company Limited, officially opened the hotel. The amenities provided were very advanced for the period. There were two dining areas, The Carriage Room and a special private dining room for VIP’s. There were also two bars, The Tudor Room and a special club called Blomidon, for members only. The tennis courts at the rear of the building were later replaced with a parking lot and a well-stocked livery. There were modern conveniences such as a laundry and vacuum cleaners! March 31, 2001, The Heritage Foundation of Newfoundland and Labrador designated The Glynmill Inn a Registered Heritage Structure.
For reservations call 1 800 563 4400.