Directed by the Western Regional Service Board, Western Regional Waste Management is responsible for the development and implementation of the solid waste management plan that will provide integrated sustainable waste management services to all residents and businesses in the Western Region of Newfoundland.
The Western Newfoundland waste management region spans from Bellburns in the north to Ramea in the south and extends east to White Bay and is divided into seven sub-regions.
- Long Range Sub-Region – Includes communities from Bellburns to Norris Point.
- Western Hills Sub-Region – Includes communities in Bonne Bay South, Deer Lake Area, Howley and White Bay South.
- White Bay South Sub-Region – Includes Jackson’s Arm, Sop’s Arm, Pollard’s Point, Hampden and The Beaches.
- Corner Brook Sub-Region – Includes communities on the North/South Bay of Islands, Corner Brook and east to Pasadena.
- Bay St. George Sub-Region – Includes the communities of Gallants to Bay St. George South, including Stephenville and the Port au Port Peninsula.
- Southwest Coast Sub-Region – Includes communities from Coal Brook to Harbour Le Cou.
- Burgeo Sub-Region – Includes Burgeo, Ramea and Grey River